Discover the famous historical monuments of mainland Greece! With this eight-day tour you will get to visit some of the country’s most interesting sites, such as the Acropolis, the birthplace of the Ancient Olympics, the archaeological site of Delphi, the Temple of Apollo and the UNESCO-listed World Heritage rock-tower monasteries of Meteora.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Athens International Airport|
|DEPARTURE TIME||As per flight arrival time.|
• Epidaurus: Epidaurus is one of the world’s most important archaeological findings, reflecting the splendour of Greek culture through its imposing beauty. Visit the birthplace of Apollo’s son and an ancient place of healing.
• Mycenae: See ancient Greek remains and the tomb of Agamemnon.
• Olympia: Birthplace of the Olympic Games.
• Delphi: At the foot of Mount Parnassos lies the Pan-Hellenic sanctuary of Delphi, which was the most famous Oracle of ancient Greece. Delphi is the second most important archaeological site in Greece (after the Acropolis in Athens) and a UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site.
• Meteora: In a region of almost inaccessible sandstone peaks, monks settled on these ‘columns of the sky’ from the 11th century onwards. Meteora is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List.
• Athens: Explore the capital of Greece at your own pace, with plenty of time for shopping.